October 28, 2009

In Ukraine

I have arrived in Ukraine, and I feel like I’ve slipped off the edge of Europe and into an alternate dimension.

I still have almost no time at all for writing or even photo editing, and for that I apologize. My schedule is absurdly demanding, and there isn’t even enough time to sleep. I don’t have a lot of time left, though, before I'll be home and my writing schedule returns to normal.

Thanks for your patience!

Posted by Michael J. Totten at October 28, 2009 11:10 PM
Comments

Hello and welcome to Ukraine. I am not sure of your route but if you run into any trouble or need any help I have relatives (some in government) in Kiev and Rivne. Good luck, The Ukrainian people are wonderful once you get to know them. Please post many photos.

Posted by: Madhatter3 Author Profile Page at October 29, 2009 8:47 AM

Since I am an unrequited fanboy I would like some photos of Olga Tymoshenko. Yes, I know it seems very unseemly but according to FB there are thousands of young attractive women that desperately want to meet me.

Posted by: Pat Patterson Author Profile Page at October 29, 2009 9:22 PM

Who's Olga Timoshenko?

I heard of Julia - looker in her younger days, but not a very nice person from what I hear.

Posted by: leo Author Profile Page at November 4, 2009 2:04 PM

Olga? Sheesh, I must have been asleep. Yulia is who I meant.

Posted by: Pat Patterson Author Profile Page at November 4, 2009 8:13 PM

I think MJT is discovering that time flows differently in his current alternate dimension...

Posted by: Solomon2 Author Profile Page at November 4, 2009 8:50 PM

Be careful about those "off the edge of Europe" cracks, Ukrainians are touchy about that. I once got a lecture from a colleague in Kiev about how Ukraine was the center of Europe. I pointed out that geographically maybe that's true, but culturally I think Germany or France probably have a better claim to being the "center." My colleague got very insulted.

Posted by: Ivan N Author Profile Page at November 5, 2009 6:38 AM

Ivan, I'm pretty sure the US is the center of Europe! They just gave our President their peace prize just for letting them have a seat at the table, didn't they? :p

Posted by: programmmer_craig Author Profile Page at November 5, 2009 9:44 PM