October 28, 2009

In Ukraine

I have arrived in Ukraine, and I feel like I

Posted by Michael J. Totten at October 28, 2009 11:10 PM
Comments
Hello and welcome to Ukraine. I am not sure of your route but if you run into any trouble or need any help I have relatives (some in government) in Kiev and Rivne. Good luck, The Ukrainian people are wonderful once you get to know them. Please post many photos.
Posted by: Madhatter3 at October 29, 2009 8:47 am
Since I am an unrequited fanboy I would like some photos of Olga Tymoshenko. Yes, I know it seems very unseemly but according to FB there are thousands of young attractive women that desperately want to meet me.
Posted by: Pat Patterson at October 29, 2009 9:22 pm
Who's Olga Timoshenko?
I heard of Julia - looker in her younger days, but not a very nice person from what I hear.
Posted by: leo at November 4, 2009 2:04 pm
Olga? Sheesh, I must have been asleep. Yulia is who I meant.
Posted by: Pat Patterson at November 4, 2009 8:13 pm
I think MJT is discovering that time flows differently in his current alternate dimension...
Posted by: Solomon2 at November 4, 2009 8:50 pm
Be careful about those "off the edge of Europe" cracks, Ukrainians are touchy about that. I once got a lecture from a colleague in Kiev about how Ukraine was the center of Europe. I pointed out that geographically maybe that's true, but culturally I think Germany or France probably have a better claim to being the "center." My colleague got very insulted.
Posted by: Ivan N at November 5, 2009 6:38 am
Ivan, I'm pretty sure the US is the center of Europe! They just gave our President their peace prize just for letting them have a seat at the table, didn't they? :p
Posted by: programmmer_craig at November 5, 2009 9:44 pm