June 19, 2008

Don’t Miss the Zohan

If you

Posted by Michael J. Totten at June 19, 2008 11:03 AM
My husband and I watched it two weekends ago. The trailer looked silly, RottenTomatoes gave it a 35% thumbs up, so we initially crossed it off the to-watch list. But then we thought about it, and most movie critics on RT are rabid leftists, it had been a while since we had seen an Adam Sandler movie, so we just went and watched it.
I found the first part to be hilarious, but it got pathetic when they were trying to tie in all the ends at the end:
The real enemies are the rednecks, whereas Palestinian terrorists are just 'misunderstood'. Israelis and Palestinians must unite and fight the redneck bigots and (don't you forget!) the evil capitalists.
I was very disappointed at how the movie was ruined in the end. It was as if the makers almost felt that they had to cheeze it up, and finish in a politically correct mode.
It would have been much more likable and funny had it stayed on course and finished up strong and unapologetic.
Still, a refreshing treat from Hollywood.
Posted by: medaura at June 19, 2008 12:17 pm
I was actually offended while watching the movie. As lebanese, we were described as living in deserts, act like herds and have sheiks and care about goats. During the mini soccer game, the lebanese had the jordanian flag. The movie was not even funny. Deliberately false and misleading propaganda.
Posted by: Boulos at June 19, 2008 5:21 pm
"the Phantom,
Posted by: Lindsey at June 20, 2008 10:47 am
Looked pretty funny to me. I'll have to check it out. I have to say, I like your idea of a "neo-centrist" alliance. Secular conservatives like me, the younger generation of neocons, who feel more at home with "South Park" politics and supported Rudy Giuliani in the primaries really do feel out of place in the GOP and with the doves in the Democratic party.
Best regards,
E.D. Kain
Posted by: E.D. Kain at June 20, 2008 10:52 am
Sean and I tried our best to follow the map from the border to Tuzla
Careful! I hear it's full of snipers, often invisible to the untrained eye.
Posted by: TallDave at June 25, 2008 5:15 pm